Any copywriter can deal with a 4 page website. 400 pages is a very different matter.
Large Website Copywriting, writing the content for websites that contain hundreds of pages, is a complicated logistics task.
Just about any reasonable copywriter can look after a site that contains only a handful of pages.
However, organising the source material, writing the drafts, managing the timeline and keeping track of versioned revision requests on a site comprising a hundred or more pages is a skilled job that requires experience, technical resources and no small measure of professionalism.
A web content writer with lots of experience on large projects.
My name’s Laurence Blume. I have lots of experience on large website copywriting projects of this kind, including several in the most exacting and demanding of all sectors: financial services.
In completing these jobs, I’ve developed models for delivering a consistent tone of voice, along with accuracy of complex content detail, on time and on budget.
Writing the content for very large websites. How I go about it.
- Depending on just how large your project is, I will either project manage the writing myself, or may use a professional project manager working alongside me.
- In either case, the timeline and versioned copy sheets will be managed meticulously, with progress carefully monitored and any additional writers who are working with me if this has been necessary to help me meet milestones, co-ordinated throughout.
- My PM or I will also liaise with your project manager throughout.
- I collaborate with your developers and SEO consultants as required.
- I agree with you a methodology for writing, approval submissions and revisions. This is based on the specifics of the project, your approvals process and the structure of the site.
- I write specifically for the copy zones within the page templates for each area or level of the site. This means that the content I deliver can be loaded directly into your content management system.
- On really large site projects with a pressurised turnaround schedule, I may scale manpower. This involves adding other professional content writers (all of whom are known and trusted collaborators) to my own resource, and quality controlling the output meticulously.
More of a phone person than a form person?
Call me now. I’m probably here at my desk writing.