My chum and former colleague Adrian Langford alerted me to this extremely well argued perspective – The Golden Age of Bullshit, by veteran US adman Bob Hoffmann speaking at Advertising Week Europe 2014 – that says that just about everything we have ever been told about Social Media as a marketing tool is, actually, at odds with the facts. Give it 45 minutes. It’s good!
My latest 20 posts
- What Web Developers do (and don’t do). 12 tips from a Copywriter on things not to expect.
- 9 big stresses of freelance life.
- What’s a Junior Copywriter?
- Yeah. You can quote me.
- Write your own web content. My Dozen ‘Do’s.
- How to leave your job and become a freelance copywriter.
- Copywriting Tips. 11 Great Things To Learn.
- When a client drags his feet on paying
- Web content. Whatever happened to structure?
- The problem you share with Selfridges
- These other people called Copywriters
- Who’s in software and who’s not?
- Cost or outlay – how to think about a sales letter
- The edge of copywriting
- Copywriting Courses
- And your specialist subject is?
- Freelance copywriter? Great ways to think about what we do.
- Nine tools to make your business rock
- Simple B2B direct marketing for small business
- SEO. Do yourself a Google favour
Get in touch
Laurence on The One Show
Latest posts from my blog
- There’s a gap. A yawning one. It’s right in the space between the understanding that most people have of what …Read More »
- We all know and love the benefits of being freelance. But freelance life has its drawbacks, too, and stress from a …Read More »